Thursday, May 8, 2014

Choose Your Own Adventure!

I think it can be said that many days in education are like a choose your own adventure series.  You just never know what is going to happen.  I like that.  My days are never the same.  Sometimes though, you need to formalize the process and so it is with this project.

How could we ramp up some Common Core standards and energize students about the month of May?  Jeremy Cebula and I put our heads together and came up with choose your own adventure stories using YouTube annotations.

The result has been awesome.  Students don't seem to mind that they are writing stories, storyboarding them into a filming sequence, shooting videos, editing videos, linking videos and then sharing them globally.  In fact, I would dare say that the entire project has been energizing for them and any teacher involved!

Here are a couple of steps that you need to know about the  process.  Let's call this step one:



Once all of the videos are uploaded to YouTube and edited, annotating and linking need to begin.

Let's call this step two:


Step three is to do the work of linking the videos together and then sharing them globally.  In a few days, I will have student videos to share.  I can hardly wait.

Start choosing your own adventure!!  What are you waiting for?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.